January 31, 2016

Light


2015.

The Lord is faithful and good.

What a full year. He was with me, through it all, so present, every. single. step of the way.

The Lord is my strength, my life, my courage, my hope, my joy, my love, and my song.  In Him all things hold together.  This past year, I learned to lean on Him, to trust, to listen, and have faith in Him in different, and real ways.  He proved to me over and over that He will provide...He is for me... He is with me. He is good.  He is rich and in Him, there is beauty, life, rest, and abundance.  He hears every cry and sees beginning and end.  He provides, He heals, He gives generously.  He is real.  Jesus, I. love. you.

2016.

As January comes quietly to a close, I am grateful for this new year.  A year of warmth, light, purity, peace, shalom, rest and beauty. I don’t know what the Lord has in store, but I pray that I would go out with Him as real as the ground I touch... Lord, this life is Yours & I will follow You as you go before me, behind me, and with me.  Lord, I ask for wisdom, direction, humility, grace, gentleness, discernment, kindness, freedom, love, obedience, more surrender, and peace.  You, Jesus, are my Lord and Savior, precious, holy, kind, compassionate, generous, merciful, gracious, and awesome.  Lord, have your way.

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Colossians 3:12-17

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."  Hebrews 12:1-3

“You are the light of the world.  A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.”  Matthew 5:14-15

“Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:29-30

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.”  Isaiah 60:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephania 3:17

Friends