Shifting sands,
where shall I build?
Foreign lands,
In Christ I am filled.
There's peace in transition
While I'm searching to find
Your will come to fruition
clarity of mind
impatience takes root
It's a tough one to fight
Wanting to run with my loot
Or hold on with my might
My King, You ask me to freely surrender
To trust in Your love & Your grace that is tender
No time to grow bitter nor challenged by this chapter
The day is greeted with hope, light, courage, & laughter!
Confident in Him is where I stand
Not knowing the present or the things that He's planned
I walk with assurance that my God is good
He is present in the shadows where things are not understood
My God remains
Faithful & true
Through every pain
bringing joy & life too
where shall I build?
Foreign lands,
In Christ I am filled.
There's peace in transition
While I'm searching to find
Your will come to fruition
clarity of mind
impatience takes root
It's a tough one to fight
Wanting to run with my loot
Or hold on with my might
My King, You ask me to freely surrender
To trust in Your love & Your grace that is tender
No time to grow bitter nor challenged by this chapter
The day is greeted with hope, light, courage, & laughter!
Confident in Him is where I stand
Not knowing the present or the things that He's planned
I walk with assurance that my God is good
He is present in the shadows where things are not understood
My God remains
Faithful & true
Through every pain
bringing joy & life too
"Unless
the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches
over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
Psalm 127:1 NIV
No comments:
Post a Comment